This Friday, the 28th of February, is a bank holiday in our area as we celebrate the Day of Andalusia.
Andalusia is the most populated region in Spain and one of our most important tourist destinations.
Its unique charm, beautiful corners and diversity of landscapes make it a perfect place to film all kind of movies.
We mistakenly think that most films are filmed in Hollywood or in the exact place where the story is meant to happen, though reality is well different. Many films have been shot in Andalusia and we are sure you have been seen many of them quite a few times. We are about to tell you about some of them…Ready to get shocked?
- In the Desert of Tabernas, in Almeria, many directors filmed very famous Westerns like “The Good, the Bad and the Ugly”. This is Europe’s only desert.
- Some scenes in “Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade” were also filmed in Almeria, though the desert and the train scenes were shot in Guadix (Granada).
- Some of the scenes in “Star Wars – Episode I: The Phantom Menace” and “Episode II: The Attack of the Clones” were shot in Andalusia, to be more precise in Sevilla. Princess Amidala’s Palace on Naboo is the famous Plaza de España in Sevilla.
- The scene of “Lawrence of Arabia” that happens right after crossing the desert was also shot in Plaza de España in Sevilla. The desert shots were taken in Níjar, Almería.
- The last scene of the Swedish version of “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” was filmed in playa de la Malagueta in Malaga.
- Many scenes of “James Bond: Die Another Day” were filmed in Cadiz. The famous one where Halle Berry sauntered from the sea wearing an orange bikini is one of them.
- Some of the outdoor shots of “Night & Day” starred by Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz were taken in Cadiz and the motorbikes scenes were filmed in Sevilla.
Did you know about this? Had you noticed when you watched them?
It would be impossible to name them all, but as you can see many blockbusters have been filmed here.
If you are a film fanatic and you would love some of the scenes of your life to happen in Andalusia and Costa del Sol, we hope to see you very soon at Hotel Yaramar, your hotel in Fuengirola… We cannot think of a better setting!!
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.