Since last August every Thursday at 10:00 there is a Spanish culture activity at Hotel Yaramar. Many of you have attended maybe out of curiosity or maybe because you are learning Spanish and you fancy getting to know a little bit more about our beautiful country.
Well as this activity has become very popular and every week we have a great time chatting and sharing impressions with each other today we have decided to share with you 10 interesting facts about Spain and Andalusia… Ready? Here they come!!
- In the world there are more native speakers of Spanish than of English.
- The name “Spain” comes from “Hispania” which means land of rabbits.
- Spain is the European country with the biggest amount of bars.
- Spain has over 8.000 kilometres of beaches.
- Spain did not participate either in the First or the Second World War.
- The mop is a Spanish invention.
- Andalusia is almost as big and has almost the same population as Austria.
- Andalusia produces the 83% of the olive oil consumed in Spain and the 32% of the oil consumed in the world.
- 85% of people visiting Andalusia land in Malaga.
- The IATA code of the Airport of Malaga is “AGP”, which is a bit unusual as these letters tend to be related to the name of the city. In this case the code should have been “MAL” or “MLG” but these codes already belonged to the Mangole Island Airport and the Adbul Rachman Saleh Airport, both in Indonesia.
What do you think about these facts? Which one in your opinion was the most interesting? We expect your comments about it on the Facebook page of Hotel Yaramar, your hotel in Fuengirola.
Besides, we hope to see you on Thursday at 10:00 at the Churchill Bar!!
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.