After a pair of weeks dedicating this blog to the Fair of Fuengirola, today we will finally introduce you the last of the 3 traditional outfits from Málaga: The rondeña costume.
The rondeña costume is also known as luxury malagueña costume. As its name indicates this is the most luxurious outfit of the 3 as it is very dressy and the quality of the fabrics used is exceptional.
The costume for women consists of:
- A black velvet top with long sleeves.
- A medium length skirt with 3 ruffles. It is made of satin in just one colour.
- White tights.
- Black heels knotted on the legs with ribbons.
- The hair is in a bun decorated with a flower and a comb.
The version for the gentlemen includes:
- A black or grey trouser.
- A white shirt.
- A jacket (it can be swapped for a waistcoat).
- A white scarf on the head.
- A hat.
After talking so much about traditional costumes now we are quite curious about this topic and we would like to know if in your regions or countries you also have them. If so, we would love to hear from you on the Facebook page of Hotel Yaramar, your hotel in Fuengirola. We are eager to know a little bit more about your traditions!!
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.